How can I address broader impacts in my proposal?
- Integrate research activities into STEM teaching at all educational levels (e.g., K-12, undergraduate science and non-science majors, and graduate students).
- Involve a teacher in research.
- Develop activities that ensure that multi-user facilities are sites of research and mentoring for large numbers of STEM students.
Resource: Institute for Molecular and Nanoscale Innovation
- Establish research and education collaborations with students and faculty from non-Ph.D.-granting institutions and those serving underrepresented groups.
Resource: The Leadership Alliance
- Give STEM-related presentations to the broader community (e.g., at museums and libraries, on radio shows, and in other such venues).
Resource: Science Center Outreach at Brown
See additional examples of broader impacts from the NSF.