For more information, please contact your department's designated OSP staff member.
The Pre-Award Staff in the Office of Sponsored Projects is responsible for:
- assisting faculty in the preparation and transmittal of applications and proposals
- negotiating and accepting the terms and conditions of awards
- writing and issuing subawards under prime awards to Brown
- assuring compliance by the University with sponsors' policies and requirements
- interpreting for faculty the regulations of federal agencies and of private sponsors
- clarifying University policies and procedures for all
The Post-Award Staff in the Office of Sponsored Projects is responsible for:
- establishing and monitoring sponsored research accounts
- monitoring expenditure activities on sponsored research accounts to ensure compliance with federal regulations, agency specific requirements, and University policies and procedures
- interpreting, discussing, and applying sponsor regulations and policies
- preparing interim and final financial reports in a timely manner
- administering cash receipts
- disseminating information to principal investigators and administrators on a range of topics related to post-award administration
Property Management is coordinated through the Office of Sponsored Projects.