Reporting - Sponsored Projects
Cognos is a reporting tool that enables users to report on data that is stored in the Sponsored Projects data warehouse.
In order to access Sponsored Projects Reports in Cognos you must have Coeus access and complete the Cognos Request for Access form found on the Computing Accounts & Passwords Web page.
Reporting - Updates
** Enhancement to the Standard Award, Poposal & Expense Report
- The latest emhancement to this report allows you to refine the Expenditure portion of the report by account number.
- Using the prompt, the report can be refined to include only 5 ledger accounts, only 6 ledger accounts, both 5 & 6 ledger accounts or a specific account number.
**Monthly Proposal Status Updates Report - now includes the Proposal Title to further identify the proposals with changes.
**2 New Reports Available - 3-26-12 - The Summary Report of Proposals by Department and the Summary Report of Awards by Department.
Summary Report of Proposals by Department - The report:
Summary Report of Awards by Department - The report:
**New Report Available - 2/9/12 - The Award & Proposal Activity by Investigator report is now available for department users to run as needed. This is the report that most Chairs and Department Manager/Administrators received quarterly. The report:
- Is based on an Investigator's current Home Department for the defined time frame.
- Lists all of an Investigator's activity including Co-PI activity, for the timeframe run.
- Includes Summary & Detail reports for Award & Proposal activity.
- Can be refined via prompts on Department and PI.
- Useful for defining all of an Investigator's activity for a particular time.
**New Report Available - 1/23/12 - The Report of Open Awards is now available. The report:
- Lists Awards that are currently Active or in some form of Closeout.
- Can be refined via prompts on Department, Award Status, PI and/or Sponsor.
- Great for determining what awards are currently Active or in Closeout, or determining what Sponsors are actively funding a department.
**Scheduling Capabilities - The ability to schedule a report to run automatically is being added to several reports. As of 3/26/12, the following reports can be scheduled:
- Monthly Proposal Activity Report
- Monthly Award Activity Report
- Report of Open Awards
- Award & Proposal Activity by Investigator
- Summary Report of Proposals by Department
- Summary Report of Awards by Department
Reporting User Group Meeting
July 26, 2012 at 1:00pm
A request for a new report to be created from the Sponsored Projects data warehouse should be submitted using the OSP Report Request Form.
* To make this Report Request Form an editable pdf: Save the pdf to your computer; right click on the pdf file you saved; choose option OPEN WITH- ADOBE ACROBAT.
* This will allow you to edit and save this document.
* Remember to send completed forms to OSP_Reporting@brown.edu.
If you have any questions about OSP Cognos Reports or to submit an OSP Report Request Form, please contact OSP_Reporting@brown.edu.