Research Development & Support Services (ReDSS) identifies, develops and implements strategies to increase institutional research capacity and competitiveness.
ReDSS fosters links between faculty and external funding agencies and sponsors, finding opportunities that are congruent with Brown’s capabilities, strengths and interests. The office facilitates proposals for large multi-investigator awards, and provides direct assistance to the faculty who are developing these proposals. The office serves faculty across the University.
Services provided by this office include:
- Identifying and disseminating external funding opportunities for faculty research
- Managing the limited submission process for external funding opportunities
- Communicating with program officers at funding agencies and with research sponsors
- Facilitating faculty teams for large-scale, competitive proposals
- Administering internal competitive grant programs for faculty research
- Providing workshops on funding mechanisms and grant writing skills
For more information about for large-scale research development, please contact Tristan Barako at (401) 863-5146. For information about internal grant funding programs and limited submissions, contact Margaret Manning at (401) 863-5145.