Brown University on iTunes U Style Guidelines
In order to provide a consistent user experience for users of Brown University on iTunes U, contributors must adhere to the following guidelines:
Welcome pages (includes front page):
- Category names must be written in all CAPITAL LETTERS, per Apple's guidelines.
- In addition to the wide rectangular banner, a square thumbnail must be uploaded.
- Visible icons must be square.
- Thumbnail icons should not be uploaded as Indexed Color because they look terrible when iTunes redisplays them as small icons. For icons, use 24-bit PNG files (also referred to as the jpg format of png 24) ONLY.
- Remove unused tabs.
- Icons must be uploaded as 300px by 300px square images in an RGB format like jpg or png24. Contact iTunesPublic@Brown.edu if you need assistance creating icons for your iTunes U content.
- Separate web links from iTunes links. Use headings that clearly differentiate links to the web from those to iTunes U. e.g. iTunes Links and Web Links. NB: iTunes links use the itms:// protocol
- Brown University must be included somewhere in the metadata so that users are able to find and identify Brown University content.
- Fill-in the metadata as much as possible. See the File Metadata page for details.