Providence RI 02912

401 863-2476
Fax 863-9595

Distributed May 4, 2005
Contact Mark Nickel

News
Taubman Center for Public Policy
Brown To Host Public Forum on LNG Threat Analysis May 9

Counter-terrorism expert Richard A. Clarke will present his detailed threat analysis of LNG terminals and tanker traffic in Rhode Island waters during a public forum at 3:30 p.m., Monday, May 9, 2005, in the Salomon Center for Teaching. The event, sponsored by the Taubman Center for Public Policy and moderated by R.I. Attorney General Patrick C. Lynch, is open to the public without charge.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Brown University’s A. Alfred Taubman Center for Public Policy and American Institutions will sponsor a public forum Monday afternoon, May 9, 2005, featuring the release of a detailed threat analysis of the LNG terminals planned for Providence and Fall River.

Richard A. Clarke, a counter-terrorism expert who researched and wrote the threat analysis, will present his work at 3:30 p.m. in the Salomon Center for Teaching, located on The College Green. The event, moderated by R.I. Attorney General Patrick C. Lynch, is open to the public without charge.

Lynch retained Clarke to conduct an independent threat analysis of the two proposed LNG terminals and the frequent travel of LNG supertankers in Narragansett Bay and Mount Hope Bay. Clarke was last in Rhode Island April 21 when he took a helicopter tour over the bays to assess the vulnerabilities of Rhode Island’s coastal communities along the proposed marine transport routes.

Clarke has served Presidents George H.W. Bush, William J. Clinton and George W. Bush as a senior White House advisor on homeland security, national security, cyber security and counter-terrorism.

######

News Service Home  |  Top of File  |  e-Subscribe  |  Brown Home Page