From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Angell Hall was the name given to the former Psi Upsilon house on Thayer Street in 1951, when it was turned over to the Department of Biology for freshman laboratory instruction and for use of members of the biology faculty associated with freshman courses. It was named for James Burrill Angell 1849, noted member of the Brown chapter of Psi Upsilon. After the building of the Sciences Library, Angell Hall, whose tenants had removed to the new bio-medical buildings, was razed in September 1972 to make room for the landscaped entrance to the Library.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.