Brown Logo

Office of University Communications
38 Brown Street / Box 1920
Providence RI 02912

401 863-2453
Fax 863-1650
[email protected]

Contact Mark Nickel


From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:

Giddings House

Giddings House, the home of the Anthropology Department on Hope Street named for J. Louis Giddings, was acquired in 1969 with the purchase of the Bryant College campus. Bryant had purchased the building in 1961 for use as a library and had added a wing in 1962.

The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright 1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.

Return to Encyclopedia Index  |  University Home Page