From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Howard Terrace on Meeting Street was dedicated on May 9, 1954, in honor of Edith Lockwood Danielson Howard and her mother, Sarah L. Danielson, both of whom had done much for the College. Funds for the project were raised by the Rhode Island Society for the Collegiate Education of Women, of which Mrs. Howard had been president from 1922 to 1942. Mary Elizabeth Sharpe directed the landscaping after the removal of East House and the East Building from the site in 1952.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.