Brown Logo

Office of University Communications
38 Brown Street / Box 1920
Providence RI 02912

401 863-2453
Fax 863-1650
[email protected]

Contact Mark Nickel


From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:

Metcalf Research Laboratory

Metcalf Research Laboratory was dedicated in December 1938 with a three-day symposium on intermolecular action sponsored by the Division of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry of the American Chemical Society. The new laboratory, financed by Jesse H. Metcalf’s gift of $500,000 followed by his second gift of $45,000, was built adjoining at a right angle the undergraduate Metcalf Chemical Laboratory.

The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright 1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.

Return to Encyclopedia Index  |  University Home Page