From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Miller Hall was built in 1910 to accommodate about fifty women students. Andrews, Jacques and Rantoul of Boston were the architects and Norcross Brothers of Providence the builders of the Colonial style building of brick with white limestone trim. The cost of $75,000 was provided partly from the bequest of Mr. and Mrs. Horace G. Miller and partly from funds subscribed by twenty local people. The Miller family residence on Bowen Street came to the Women’s College as residuary legatee from the estate of Mrs. Miller. The new dormitory replaced the Slater Memorial Homestead, and Sarah Gridley Ross ’05, who had been head of the Homestead, became head of Miller Hall.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.