From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Pizzitola Sports Center
The Pizzitola Sports Center, built in 1987 and 1988 and opened in February 1989, is named the Paul Bailey Pizzitola Memorial Sports Center in memory of Paul Bailey Pizzitola ’81, whose father contributed two million dollars toward its construction. Among the other private donors to the $7.6 million dollar center was Wendell R. Erickson ’19, for whom the athletic field was renamed. The building, designed by the Eggers Group of New York, provides an intercollegiate competition court for basketball, volleyball, wrestling, and gymnastics, with bleacher and balcony seating for 2,800 and a sliding divider for use during practice sessions. The main floor of the center is named Williams Court for Howard Williams ’17. Other facilities include a 4,000 square foot weight room, rooms for wrestling and gymnastics, and four tennis courts housed under a teflon-coated fiberglass roof. On the third floor is the Kate Brodsky Memorial Squash Pavilion with six squash courts and seating for 200, named for Kate Brodsky ’90, a member of the squash team, who died during her freshman year. The Heisman Lobby is named for John Heisman 1891.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.