From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Prospect House at 36 Prospect Street was acquired in 1920. Under the name of “Ely House,” the building provided both classroom and dormitory space. At one time it was known as “Admiral Inn,” so named by its residents, who devised the name in connection with their janitor Arthur Sims who bore the same last name as a well-known admiral. The building is now the home of the Department of Political Science.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.