From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
The Question Club was started in 1906 by six women students who generated interest by wearing cardboard pins in the form of a question mark. Their announced purposes were to consult with the Dean, and also with student groups and individuals to gain insight into and to influence opinion. The club was self-perpetuating at first, but in 1912 was changed into a representative club composed of the presidents of the student organizations, editors of student publications, and the president of the senior class. The Question Club later took on the responsibility of publishing the freshman handbook and directing Freshman Week activities.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.