From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
West Cottage on Cushing Street was opened in 1915, with furnishings provided by the Rhode Island Society for the Collegiate Education of Women, to receive the overflow of women students who could not be accommodated in Miller Hall. The house was a cooperative dormitory and the year after its opening was designated an honor house. After four years of use West Cottage was torn down to make room for the building of Metcalf Hall.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.