Please visit the BioMed Faculty Administration website for faculty benefits information available to all clinical faculty.
Also, please note the additional benefits for clinical faculty below:
- Employee Programs - There are many discount programs available to clinical faculty through Human Resources such as Bear Bargains and Working Advantage.
- Free Admission to the RISD Museum.
- Health Connections through the RI Department of Health.
- Faculty Club - Reduced membership fees for junior faculty.
- Rosetta Stone - We're excited to announce that Rosetta Stone is now available at Brown, with online access to 30 languages (no download necessary).
- Physician Professional Education Program - For the current 2014-2016 renewal cycle, a 20% discount in license renewal fee is possible if the physician completes a total of at least 20 hours of category 1 CME. Please note, this is only if you participate in Public Health Grand Rounds, assessed via the Office of Continuing Medical Education's website at Brown.
- CME Courses - The purpose of the Office of Continuing Medical Education is to support professional development by providing evidence-based and unbiased educational opportunities that contribute to quality healthcare. The OCME collaborates with Alpert Medical School faculty, local and regional specialty societies, the Rhode Island Department of Health and other agencies to plan formal CME activities for the purpose of enhancing the quality of health care delivery and public health.
- Educational Development - The Program in Educational Faculty Development at AMS recognizes and supports our faculty in their role as educators. We strive to provide faculty educators with the knowledge and skills to best teach our medical students in the classroom and at the bedside. Our array of programming provides both seasoned and novice educators with the tools they need to instruct, guide, train, facilitate and mentor. The ultimate goal of the Program is to enhance student learning and thus impact the quality of patient care. The Program also seeks to provide faculty with a community of educators with, and from whom they can learn. We utilize our internal resources in the form of our talented faculty educators who share their expertise with colleagues, and provide a central infrastructure for faculty development across the division and our clinical departments.