Faculty Teaching Excellence Awards
Nomination Deadline: March 8th
The Faculty Teaching Excellence Awards recognize Brown faculty members for sustained and continued excellence in teaching. The first four awards are named for past faculty members recognized for their teaching achievements, and the Dean's award recognizes:
- The John Rowe Workman Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Humanities
- The Elizabeth LeDuc Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Life Sciences
- The Philip J. Bray Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Physical Sciences
- The William G. McLoughlin Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Social Sciences.
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching. These awards recognize faculty who hold the rank of assistant professor or lecturer. Two awards will be given; one to a junior faculty member from the physical or life sciences and one to a junior faculty member from the humanities or social sciences.
NOTE: Faculty who hold the rank of assistant professor or lecturer who are nominated will be considered as candidates for the Dean's award as well as for one of the 4 individual teaching awards.
Each recipient will receive a professional development fund of $3,000
Nominations are collected through UFUNDS and include a one-page narrative.
Previous Years’ Recipients
Dean's Award in Humanities/ Social Sciences
||Mathew Kraft, Assitant Professor of Education|
|2015-2017||Elizabeth Hoover, Assistant Professor of American Studies|
|2014-2016||Paja Fuadree, Associate Professor of Anthropology|
Dean's Award in Physical/ Life Sciences
|2018-2020||Adam Sullivan, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics|
|2018-2020||Paul Valiant, Assistant Professor of Computer Science|
Anita Shukla, Assistant Professor of Engineering
Daniel Katz, Lecturer in Mathematics
|2015-2017||Eunsuk Kim, Assistant Professor of Chemistry|
|2014-2016||Richard Bungiro, Senior Lecturer in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology|