The application materials required below will help us in determining your eligibility for Brown’s institutional financial aid, as well as federal aid. In order to receive a provisional financial aid decision with your admissions decision, you must submit all of the required application materials according to the deadline.
Requirements due by November 1, 2016
*Forms will be available to complete on-line beginning October 1, 2016
- CSS/PROFILE Application – CSS code 3189
- Noncustodial Parent's PROFILE (divorced or separated parents only)
- 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - school code 003401
Please note, Brown University provides no payment fee waivers for the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE application. We rely on the College Board to determine who automatically qualifies for a waiver during the electronic application submission process. You may find when you complete the payment process for the PROFILE that your fees are automatically waived.
Upon email request only:
College Board's Institutional Documents Service (IDOC)
Brown does not require an IDOC packet from every family- only upon request. Once you have filed your CSS/PROFILE, you may receive an email communication from the College Board providing you with instructions on how to submit any additional requirements through IDOC. If you do not receive a request from IDOC, the Office of Financial Aid has enough information to provide an estimated financial aid award at the time of admission.
Possible additional requirements through IDOC may include:
- 2015 federal income tax return for custodial parent(s) (or non-tax filer statement)
- 2015 federal income tax return for student (or non-tax filer statement)
- 2015 federal income tax return for noncustodial parent, if applicable (or non-tax filer statement)
- 2015 federal income tax return for partnerships and/or corporations, if applicable
Please review IDOC Questions and Answers for further details.