Brown’s Net Price Calculator (NPC) is designed to be used by U.S. Citizens and permanent residents whose parents do not own a business and who do not receive foreign earned income.
Institutional formulas used to determine eligibility for need-based aid funding vary greatly from school to school. You may receive different results when using NPC's from other schools, even if these institutions are similar to Brown.
When using the NPC, please consider the following:
- The NPC calculator can only accommodate students whose families live and work in the U.S.
- The NPC is designed for incoming undergraduate students only (not graduate or continuing undergraduates)
- If the student’s biological parents are divorced/separated, each parent will need to complete the calculator separately and then combine results.
- The NPC may not provide accurate results for families who own a business or rental real estate.
- The NPC may not provide accurate results for students who will have one or more sibling(s) enrolled in an undergraduate program.
The NPC may not provide accurate results for students who are over the age of 24 or are otherwise considered federally independent.
Click here to start the calculator.