Please see the Office of International Programs Study Abroad COVID-19 Updates for the current status of study abroad programs.

Brown students may apply to study away from Brown, either abroad or away at another U.S. institution, and to transfer their coursework back to Brown. Programs may be summer, fall, spring, or full-academic-year. Rules regarding transfer credit are complex; students must obtain pre-approval for the institution at which they wish to study as well as for the courses they wish to take. 

Study Abroad

Students may explore their options of studying abroad by attending the study abroad fair in the fall, going to an information session in the Office of International Programs (OIP), or browsing the OIP website. Financial aid information and requirements:

Study Away

With the appropriate permissions, Brown students are allowed to study and earn credit at other colleges and universities as part of their degree. U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States may petition the College to study at a four-year college or university in the U.S.; students studying on F-1 visas may petition to study at a four-year institution in their home countries. Students must obtain pre-approval in order to transfer course credit back to Brown. Financial aid information and requirements: