January 9, 2018
The US Bose Scholar Program is an opportunity for Brown undergraduate students to go to India and work in a research lab of their choosing at leading universities in India.
Students receive a scholarship that covers airfare and housing as well as a stipend to cover living costs such as transportation and food.The scholarship takes place in the summer for 8 to 10 weeks, typically from mid-May to mid-July.
THE MISSION OF THE PROGRAM IS TO:
- Introduce talented American students to the long-standing tradition of scientific inquiry and innovation in India;
- Encourage students to consider a career in Science and Technology;
- Foster interactions among students who will be the next generation of pioneers in Science and Technology; and,
- Build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations across disciplines, cultures and geographical boundaries.
- Stipend INR 50,000 (approximately $750)
- Round-trip economy class airfare
- Placement at leading universities and research laboratories in India
Application Deadline February 1, 2018
Program Dates: Summer/Fall 2018Apply to be a Bose ScholarFor more information, please click here.