Give to BROWN GIVES 2018: November 1 through December 31
BROWN GIVES 2018, the University's annual workplace campaign, supports United Way of Rhode Island's LIVE UNITED 2020 campaign. This campaign will invest in partnerships to:
- Chart a course away from poverty for 50,000 Rhode Islanders and help 100,000 Rhode Islanders meet basic needs
- Give 65,000 young Rhode Islanders new opportunities to be healthy and successful
- Engage 35,000 Rhode Islanders in volunteerism and philanthropy
Two Ways to Give
- Give in any amount via credit card, check, or payroll deduction - LINK COMING SOON!
- Give during Open Enrollment from November 6 through November 27; faculty and staff may donate a fixed amount of $10, $20, or $40 to be payroll deducted over the calendar year. Payroll deductions begin in January
Join Our Group of Campaign Leaders!
BROWN GIVES depends on campaign leaders to promote the importance of helping Rhode Islanders in need, and they continue to be an essential component of our fundraising strategy. Last year, 57 leaders raised more than $10,000 to further the goals of the United Way of Rhode Island. A campaign leader has four responsibilities:
- Attend a kickoff lunch to learn strategies for success
- Host ONE or more department events throughout the year to raise money/awareness (i.e., bake sales, dress-down days, trivia contests, soup lunches, yard sales, collection jars)
- Send periodic email reminders to department colleagues
- Attend a thank you luncheon at the Faculty Club in February
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you welcome this leadership opportunity.