Join Our Group of Campaign Leaders!
BROWN GIVES depends on campaign leaders to promote the importance of helping Rhode Islanders in need. Last year, over 50 leaders across campus raised nearly $10,000 to further the goals of the United Way of Rhode Island. A campaign leader has four responsibilities:
- Attend a kickoff lunch to learn strategies for success
- Host one or more department events to raise money/awareness (i.e., bake sales, dress-down days, trivia contests, soup lunches, yard sales, collection jars)
- Send periodic email reminders to department colleagues
- Attend a thank you luncheon at the Faculty Club
We can't do it alone - that's where you come in...
BROWN GIVES is more than just a workplace campaign. It's an opportunity to build relationships with colleagues from across the University, enhance teamwork among members of your department, and lead an initiative that helps those Rhode Islanders who need our help the most. Click here to review best practices for campaign leaders.
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you welcome this leadership opportunity.
Give to BROWN GIVES 2019: November 1 through December 31
BROWN GIVES 2019, the University's annual workplace campaign, supports United Way of Rhode Island's LIVE UNITED 2020 campaign. This campaign will invest in partnerships to:
- Chart a course away from poverty for 50,000 Rhode Islanders and help 100,000 Rhode Islanders meet basic needs
- Give 65,000 young Rhode Islanders new opportunities to be healthy and successful
- Engage 35,000 Rhode Islanders in volunteerism and philanthropy
Two Ways to Give
- Give in any amount via credit card, check, or payroll deduction - LINK COMING SOON!
- Give during Open Enrollment in Workday from November 5 through November 26; faculty and staff may donate a fixed monthly amount of $10, $20, or $40 to be payroll deducted over the calendar year. Payroll deductions begin in January.
Please note: Donations are post-tax; individuals may claim the deduction when tax returns are filed.
Did You Know?
Thanks to a charitable trust, there are no administrative costs when you donate to United Way Rhode Island; 100% of your contribution is used for charitable purposes!