With goals of fostering academic diversity and promoting inclusive community engagement, the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion collaborates with offices across Brown to design, implement and promote programs and events related to diversity and inclusion.
We support recruitment and retention efforts to diversify the faculty, and we support staff recruitment and retention at all levels. We work with schools and departments to support the development of recruitment pipelines to broaden the participation of diverse students, scholars and staff in all fields and disciplines. And we offer initiatives, trainings and other opportunities to provide professional development.
In addition to the resources and initiatives offered by OIDI in connection with its mission, many other University offices and programs provide resources and support.
- Resource Centers
- Student Support
- Mentoring and Professional Development
- Undergraduate Recruitment
- Graduate School Recruitment
- Title IX-Related Resources
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention
- 2006 Slavery and Justice Report
- Ombuds Office
- Brown Alumni Association
- Alumni of Color Initiative
- Asian American Alumni Alliance
- Inman Page Black Alumni Council (IPC)
- Brown University Latino Alumni Council
- Multicultural Alumni Committee
- Transgender, Bisexual, Gay & Lesbian Alumni