Important SHIP WAIVER Consideration Information - including link to waiver form
Student Health Insurance Plan Information
This site contains important information about the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Participation in SHIP is required of all Brown University students who do not have coverage through a comparable health insurance plan.
SHIP is underwritten by UnitedHealthcare Student Resources, and includes:
· A national provider network through UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus PPO that gives you access to in-network providers throughout the country;
· Coverage at 100% for in-network providers & 70% for out-of-network providers;
· Deductibles: $300 per person per policy year (combined in- and out-of-network);
· $15 copay for Physician's Office visits; $25 copay for Urgent Care; $100 copay for Emergency
Room per visit, $100 for inpatient hospital stay;
· Prescription drug coverage with low copays;
· In-Network Preventive care services with no deductibles, copays or coinsurance;
· Worldwide Coverage including Medical Evacuation, Repatriation & Travel Assistance Services;
· Wellness discounts including Vision and Dental;
The information provided above is a general summary of benefits. To learn more details about SHIP, Brown’s insurance requirements and how to waive go to www.gallagherstudent.com/Brown.