When a student is granted a Leave of Absence from the University, they are eligible to continue their coverage for a maximum of one year upon meeting the following requirements:
- Student must be currently enrolled in the University's Student Health Insurance Plan
- Student must provide a copy of the leave of absence verification form (separation authorization form) signed by a dean or an advisor
- Student intends to return to the University and remain a degree-seeking candidate
- Complete and submit the Leave of Absence Enrollment Application with an approved copy of the leave of absence verification form directly to Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk no later than August 15.
- Include payment for coverage effective August 15 to the following August 15.
Please call the Insurance Office at 401-863-1703 with any questions.
Students who take a leave of absence after the start of the semester remain enrolled in the plan until the end of the policy year.