Change in Field of Study and Educational Level

Changing Information on the DS-2019

The Form DS-2019 details the basic information about your academic program. In section #4 the DS-2019 indicates the level of your education program (i.e. Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral) and it also indicates the field of study (i.e. program/concentration) you are pursuing at Brown University in same section.

When an undergraduate student changes their concentration there will be an update on the DS-2019. J-1 students will need to contact OISSS when they declare their concentration and/or if there are more than one concentration.

Graduate students cannot change their fields of study and can only change their level of study by moving to a higher educational level (e.g. Masters to Doctorate). Graduate students cannot change from one academic program to another and cannot change to a lower degree level.

For any questions regarding a change in the field of study or educational level, contact OISSS.