This policy states the University’s position on the usage of alcoholic beverages.
- At no time may alcoholic beverages be served to minors.
- The use of alcoholic beverages while in the conduct of University business should be kept to a minimum.
- In no instance may alcoholic beverages be charged to federally funded grants or contracts, either directly or indirectly.
- The cost of alcoholic beverages must be charged to the Exclusions spend item.
- When serving alcoholic beverages at an event where Brown Dining or the Faculty Club are not providing service, the Statement of Responsibility for Alcoholic Beverages form and the Business Meals & Hospitality Form must be completed and attached to the request for payment.
- University events held on campus where Brown Dining or the Faculty Club (or their approved substitute) are engaged to provide service, including alcoholic beverages, do not require the Responsibility for Alcoholic Beverages form or the Business Meals and Hospitality Form. Charges are directly billed to your account.
Employee/ (Faculty& Staff): Responsible for knowing Brown University’s Alcoholic Beverages Policy and other relevant University policies.
Financial Coordinators: Financial Coordinators compile relevant supporting documentation and initiates the applicable transactions.
Cost Center Managers: Cost Center Managers ensure compliance with this and other relevant University Policies. The Cost Center Manager approves reimbursements.
Accounts Payable: Accounts Payable ensures departments comply with Brown University’s policies.