Brown University will provide moving services for eligible newly hired faculty and staff. Brown has chosen a preferred moving services provider who will coordinate all eligible moves. Use of the preferred moving services provider assists in managing the cost and hassle of a household move, leaving the new employee to focus on settling into a new community.
Brown University will cover the costs for reasonable moving expenses associated with moving household and personal goods for eligible newly hired faculty and staff.
A preferred moving services provider coordinates all University approved new hire moves and bills the University directly for all reasonable moving expenses associated with moving the household goods and personal items covered by this policy. Consequently, there is no cash outlay to or by employees.
Faculty carrying the titles of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Lecturer and Senior Lecturer, as well as staff hired into a regular full-time position (positon must be at least 10 months in duration) are eligible. Faculty carrying titles with prefixes and suffixes such as (Research), Visiting or Adjunct are not eligible, nor are those in inherently short-term appointments such as postdoctoral research associates or fellows.
Employees moved by the moving services provider are automatically covered for the full value of household items up to a maximum of $100,000. There is no weight maximum attached to moving household items.
Employees who are not eligible for coverage under this policy can choose a moving services provider of their choice. Please note that this option is fully employee paid and is subject to the terms of agreement between the employee and the vendor of the employee's choice.
In order to qualify for benefits under this policy, an employee must use the Brown University preferred moving services provider. If another moving services provider is chosen, all allowable reimbursement costs will be based on rates quoted by the Brown University preferred moving provider.
If a relocated employee voluntarily terminates employment at Brown University within twelve months from the date of the move, the employee must refund to Brown the full amount of the relocation payment. Utilization of this policy confirms your acceptance of the above terms. It is the department’s responsibility to notify the Benefits Office of the voluntary termination, as well as to collect the refund and submit it to the Benefits Office.
Expenses covered under this policy are:
- Transportation charges for one continuous move of household items and personal effects from the primary residence to the Rhode Island area.
- Packing costs.
- Container costs.
The following expenses are among those not covered:
- Costs of personal travel;
- Costs to move a boat, automobiles, animals or other non-household items;
- Costs of pre-move house hunting trips and temporary housing;
- Storage expenses for furniture and other household items;
- Costs of cleaning a new or former residence; and/or
- Payments to non-professional movers (e.g. friends or family members) who assist you with a move.
Those employees who require coverage for expenses that are not covered by this policy are responsible for those expenses. Examples include: Moving a boat or automobile, or additional insurance coverage, etc. The preferred moving provider offers special rates for additional expenses.
Reasonable Moving Expenses: Those expenses directly related to the moving of household items and personal effects from the employee's former residence to the new residence. Brown's policy does not cover expenses for transport of such possessions as boats, animals, or other items which are not generally considered household items.
Employee: The employee should contact the preferred moving services provider directly for assistance with relocation to the Rhode Island area.
Preferred moving services provider: The preferred moving services provider will coordinate the move of the new employee, as well as contact the Administration and Finance Specialist to ensure eligibility criteria are met.
Administration and Finance Specialist: The Administration and Finance Specialist will approve or deny the move request, as well as process payment of the movement of household items and personal effects consistent with the Brown University Moving Expenses Policy.
Employment Specialist: The Employment Specialist will provide the new employee's employment information to the Administration and Finance Specialist.
Controller: The University Controller's Office retains authority for determining the tax-deductible nature of moving expenses.
Upon move authorization. Employee will contact the preferred moving services provider: Barbara Hodgson, Conlon, at 401-351-2220, ext. 14, to coordinate the move and receive information specific to your household move.
- The preferred moving services provider will communicate with the Administration and Finance Specialist to ensure eligibility criteria are met.
- The Administration and Finance Specialist will connect with the Employment Specialist to determine the new employee's employment information and will then approve or deny the moving request.
- Once an approved move has taken place, the Administration and Finance Specialist will process payment to the preferred moving services provider.
Use of alternate moving services provider. If a new employee approved for moving expenses chooses to use an alternate moving services provider, they are responsible for all payments and expenses related to the move. The following procedure will be followed to seek reimbursement of eligible expenses:
- When the move is completed and they have begun work, new hires must submit a Moving Expense Reimbursement Form with original receipts to their department.
- The department will submit the form and receipts to the Benefits Office or Faculty Personnel.
- The Benefits Office or Faculty Personnel will then contact the University preferred moving services provider and will reimburse expenses up to the amount that the University preferred moving services provider would have charged for the move.
- Determination of the reimbursable amount by the University preferred moving services provider is final and not subject to change.
- Appropriate documentation for reimbursement must be submitted to the Benefits Office or Faculty Personnel within 60 days of the date of the actual move.