Student Owned Property


It is important for students to protect their personal property (stereos, cameras, calculators, personal computers, books and furniture). It is recommended that students have personal property insurance since the University does not provide insurance coverage for these items.

Policy Statement 

The University is not responsible for the personal property of residents. This includes items in students rooms, in storage, being delivered on a student's behalf, en route or under any circumstances. It is each student's responsibility to secure personal property during recess periods.

We strongly recommend that all students have adequate personal property insurance to cover their belongings in the residence halls.

Policy Owner
Approved by 
Director, Insurance & Purchasing Services

Cheryl Moan
Insurance & Purchasing Services Specialist
[email protected]

Revision Date:  Fri, 2014-04-04 12:27