Brown Guardian is a mobile app which enhances your personal safety on campus. It can be downloaded as Rave Guardian by Rave Mobile Safety from Google Play or iTunes or by navigating to http://getrave.com/forwardToGuardianAppStore.do from your phone’s browser.
Short videos on how to install the app and use key features are available at here.
New Features Effective June 27, 2018:
- A new Call Directory which now includes the 24-hour Sexual
Assault Response Line and Counseling and Psychological
Services (CAPS) quick call options
- A new University Resource button featuring direct links to
important campus resources
- Instant location sharing and streaming option even while in anonymous mode
- An enhanced two-way text option allowing users to send anonymous tips to Public Safety
- A content portal that may be populated with University
Campus Safety Information
A few things to keep in mind when using Guardian:
- GPS location accuracy can vary based on several factors. If possible, you should provide detailed location information via text or voice. This will enable public safety personnel to reach you more quickly.
- To maximize the full benefit of this service, your user profile should contain a current photo and accurate self-description. The more information you provide in your profile, the easier it will be for DPS to locate you if necessary. Any information in your personal profile will only be viewable by DPS if you make an emergency call, send an emergency tip or if your safety timer session expires without being deactivated. Personal profile information will treated as confidential information.
- When using the safety timer, it is strongly recommended that you provide detailed information about where you are headed under ‘Status’. You can update this status as you travel with new information. This information will greatly facilitate any necessary response actions coordinated by DPS. If your timer expires, DPS will call you to verify your safety.
- If you are in duress upon receiving a call back from DPS personnel, simply provide a pin number one number above your actual code when prompted to recite your PIN.