Are you interested in a career in law enforcement? The Brown University Department of Public Safety offers the following law enforcement career opportunities; Campus Police Officer, Campus Security Officer & Communications Officer.
Open Position: Application Support Specialist – Public Safety Systems
This position supports the technology needs of Brown University’s Department of Public Safety, a sworn, fully-functioning law enforcement agency operating 24/7 to protect and serve the Brown community.
- The incumbent will administer a variety of applications including CCTV, LPRs, access control, computer-aided dispatch, incident reporting/records management software, mobile data systems, alarms, communications, and compliance.
- The incumbent will serve as a resource to technical and non-technical users of these applications. This position will also look to streamline processes and procedures to support the technology needs of the Department.
- This position is on call evenings and weekends to troubleshoot or resolve critical system issues.
Major Responsibilities and Supporting Actions:
• Administer applications providing security, communications, dispatch, and compliance. Review these applications and help determine road maps to stay current. Provide reporting for all applications.
• Support the access control, CCTV, and LPR systems
• Support the IMC application for dispatch and communications with the RI State Police
• Support the communications center in all of its technology needs
• Develop and document policies and procedures in support of all applications
• Perform daily checks of all applications to ensure that all applications are functioning
• Perform internal audits on the system
• Produce management reports
• Manage Service Level Agreements with CIS for all applications to ensure proper communications regarding planned and unplanned outages
• Provide comprehensive training for new staff as well as training on system updates for current staff
• Ensure up-to-date versions of various software releases are tested and installed in production
• Assist in confidential Public Safety investigations
• Be on call evenings and weekends to trouble shoot or resolve critical system issues as needed
• Serve as liaison to staff in Public Safety for use of these applications
• Manage vendor relationships in support of applications.
• Coordinate with vendors and Facilities Management to coordinate system requirements, resources and system delivery dates.
• Assist with managing new installation projects as needed • Ensure that Brown is making good use of these applications with proper maintenance and support
• Provide support for special technology projects as needed. • Assist with implementing new technologies for example, the recent implementation of License Plate Recognition technology
• Keep current on new law enforcement technologies
• Conduct research and perform benchmarking to learn about other agencies’ experience with technology or equipment under consideration
• Research vendors/manufacturers and assist with selection • Attend planning meetings and make recommendations for implementation schedules
• Help monitor project budget
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-3 years of experience with application support of an enterprise public safety or internal security systems environment or equivalent. Experience managing CCTV and access control systems required.
• Strong technical abilities to troubleshoot, support, and maintain critical hardware/software components supporting a 24x7 operation.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong project management skills in planning and monitoring projects within a cross-functional environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
• Higher education experience preferred
Application deadline: November 14, 2017
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/75-Charlesfield-Street/ApplicationSupport-Specialist-Public-Safety-Systems_REQ140083
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply. All offers of employment are contingent upon consent to a criminal background check and education verification with results satisfactory to Brown.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu) Brown is an Ivy League University located in Providence, Rhode Island, comprised of undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, and the School of Professional Studies. With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown is a leading research university that maintains a particular commitment to exceptional graduate and undergraduate instruction. Brown is frequently recognized for its global reach, many cultural events, numerous campus groups and activities, active community service programs, highly competitive athletics, and beautiful facilities located in a richly historic urban setting.
Brown offers competitive benefits such as a generous retirement plan and education programs; details are available at: http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/ Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace.