Are you interested in a career in law enforcement? The Brown University Department of Public Safety offers the following law enforcement career opportunities; Campus Police Officer, Campus Security Officer & Communications Officer.
Campus Police Officer Position
The Campus Police Officer is responsible for protection of University faculty, staff, students, and property; prevention and suppression of crime; apprehension and protection of offenders; enforcement of the statutes of the State of Rhode Island and the rules and regulations of Brown University.
- Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have no felony or misdemeanor arrests and/or convictions
- Must have tact and ability to communicate with people and be able to take command of a wide variety of situations, some of them life-threatening
- Graduate of RI Municipal Police Academy, other recognized police academy, previous law enforcement experience, or eligible for reciprocity by the RI State Police Superintendent
- Candidates will be required to pass a background investigation, psychological exam and physical exam.
- Officers will work on a rotating schedule, four days on, two days off.
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Physical Requirements:
- Walking on foot patrol and physically checking doors and windows of buildings.
- Must be able to pursue fleeing suspects and perform rescue operations which may involve quickly entering and exiting law enforcement patrol vehicles, lifting, carrying and dragging heavy objects, climbing and pulling oneself over obstacles, jumping down from elevated surfaces, climbing through openings, jumping over obstacles, crawling in confined areas, balancing on uneven or narrow surfaces and using body force to gain entrance through barriers.
To View a full description of this position and To Apply, please use the following link to this position on Brown’s Career Site:
Please note: Application Deadline is April 28, 2017.
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply to the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu)
Brown is an Ivy League University in Providence, Rhode Island. We have a dynamic campus community with many exciting events, such as visits from world leaders, sporting events, theatre, music, and dance. Brown offers competitive benefits such as a generous retirement plan and education programs; details are available at: http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/
Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace.