Proof of Enrollment and/or Degree Verification

Brown University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verifications of student enrollment and Degree Verification.

  • Currently enrolled students, regardless of citizenship, who wish to request an official certification of enrollment (e.g., for purposes of loan deferments, health insurance coverage, government documents, etc.) may do so 24 x 7 and free of charge by logging into the National Student Clearinghouse's Student Self-Service via selecting Brown University from the dropdown. The certificate provided may be printed or downloaded and sent to any third party. This Service is not available to students who have graduated in May 2012 or earlier.
  • For students that require specific third-party forms that must be completed by the Office of the Registrar (e.g. Canadian Tax Forms, etc.) may do so by visiting Room 318, Page-Robinson Hall and complete an verification request form. Certifications of enrollment requested in this manner are also free of charge but take longer to process. In most cases, students should allow 3-5 business days for these requests.  
  • For outside agencies/third-parties seeking verification of a student's enrollment and/or degree MUST visit the National Student Clearinghouse as the Office of the Registrar will not verify this information directly over the phone or via e-mail.  Accordingly, please visit

Note: Undergraduate students who study away during their careers at Brown need to have their visiting institution certify their enrollment status. In addition, the Office of the Registrar's is unable to certify a student's summer address.