Click To Order Transcripts

NOTE FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS:  If your order requires that your degree be listed on your transcript, please check your internal academic record prior to placing your order to be sure it reads "degree awarded".

The Official Academic Transcript contains all essential academic data, including dates of attendance, courses taken and passed, grades (Note: grades of NC never appear on official transcripts), transfer credits awarded, degree received, and relevant remarks. Academic status of Suspension or Dismissal will be noted permanently on a student's transcript. The transcript must bear the college seal, be recently dated, and have the appropriate signature of Robert F. Fitzgerald, University Registrar.

* Official transcripts are produced only for credit-bearing courses at the undergraduate, graduate, medical and post-baccalaureate certificate levels.  Courses taken in the Pre-College (non-credit) program through the School of Professional Studies are not reflected. Therefore students enrolled in the non-credit Pre-College courses through this division should not order official transcripts. These students should call the SPS Pre-College Program Services staff at 401-863-7900 or email [email protected]

For students enrolled since September 1983, the Brown transcript is a single document presenting a cumulative record of all terms of enrollment in all schools (the College, the Graduate School, the Alpert Medical School, the School of Engineering, and the School of Public Health). A statement is added to all transcripts explaining the grading system and indicating that the student may elect to include other material with the official transcript. A student who wishes to have course performance reports sent out with a transcript should provide copies of all the material to be enclosed at the time he or she requests an official transcript. The student should choose this material in consultation with his or her advisor. The University will mail this material in one envelope along with the official transcript.

Brown University does not provide unofficial academic transcripts.  Current and former degree candidates have access to the Internal Academic Record available in Banner Web for this purpose.

Click To Order Transcripts