- George David Clark, "From Scholarly Scaffolding to the 3-Second Rule"
This article contains useful advice for job talks.
- Diane M. Fennig, "Mastering Skype"
- Rob Jenkins, "What to Ask -- and Not Ask -- in Your Interview"
- David D. Perlmutter, “Minding Your Manners for the Conference Interview”
This article contains useful advice for handling conference interviews.
- Dan Shapiro, “Grim Job Talks Are a Buzz Kill”
- Robert J. Sternberg, "12 Bloopers to Avoid in Job Interviews"
- Julie Miller Vick & Jennifer S. Furlong, “What to Expect in a Second-Round Interview”
From Dawn M. Formo and Cheryl Reed's book, Job Search in Academe: Strategic Rhetorics for Faculty Job Candidates (Stylus Publishing, 1999):
From Insider Higher Ed:
- Katherine Ellison, "The Active Interview"
- John Fea,"Interviewing at Church-Related Colleges"
- John Fea, "Interviews at Teaching Colleges"
- Sarah Ann Fleming, "Interview Questions"
- Kathryn Hume, "Don't Be a Snob"
- Kathryn Hume, "Giving a Job Talk"
- Kathryn Hume, “The Most Important Question”
From the Tomorrow’s Professor listserv:
- "The Academic Job Talk" (from the February 2011 Graduate Connections newsletter published by the University of Nebraska at Lincoln's Office of Graduate Studies)