These pages can help you plan or revise a course.
- Creating a Brown University Syllabus
What should you include in the syllabus?
- Evidence-based Practices
What are best practices for designing and developing courses?
- Establishing Learning Goals
What do you want your students to know and be able to do upon completing your course?
- Designing Assessments for Learning
How will you measure student learning in your course?
- Planning Learning Activities
What kind of learning activities will help students learn in your course?
- Enhancing Student Learning with Technology
How can you use technology inside and outside of the classroom to help students learn?
- Course/Syllabus Design Tutorials
Tutorials that walk you through designing and developing a course or syllabus
Support at Brown
- Sheridan Center Course Consultations
- Sheridan Center Workshop: “Syllabus Design” (offered before the beginning of every semester)
Check Upcoming Events to see when this workshop is next offered.
Handouts from this workshop can be found in the Events archive.
- Campus Support for Teaching
- Grant Support for Course/Curriculum Development
Other pages that might be of interest