These pages can help you plan or revise a course.
- Creating a Brown University Syllabus
What should you include in the syllabus? This resource also includes sample Brown syllabi.
- Evidence-based Practices
What are approaches for designing and developing courses?
- Establishing Learning Goals
What do you want your students to know and be able to do upon completing your course?
- Designing Assessments for Learning
How will you measure student learning in your course?
- Planning Learning Activities
What kind of learning activities will help students learn in your course?
- Enhancing Student Learning with Technology
How can you use technology inside and outside of the classroom to help students learn?
- Course/Syllabus Design Tutorials
Tutorials that walk you through designing and developing a course or syllabus
Support at Brown
- Sheridan Center Course Consultations
- Handouts from a syllabus design workshop can be found in the Events archive.
- Campus Support for Teaching
- Grant Support for Course/Curriculum Development
Other pages that might be of interest