How can I craft a statement that conveys my teaching effectiveness and potential, and my ability to be self-reflective?
- Resources from Ohio State University’s University Center for the Advancement of Teaching
NB: The section entitled "Guidance on Writing a Philosophy of Teaching Statement" may be especially helpful.
- Resources from the University of Michigan’s Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
NB: The CRLT Occasional Papers on "Writing a Statement of Teaching Philosophy for the Academic Job Search" and “Rubrics for Statements of Teaching Philosophy” may be especially helpful.
- “4 Steps to a Memorable Teaching Philosophy Statement” by James Lang (from The Chronicle of Higher Education)
- By graduate students and postdocs, written for a Preparing for Future Faculty Seminar at the University of Michigan’s Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
- By faculty and graduate students, from Ohio State University’s Center for the Advancement of Teaching
Sheridan Center Support
- Teaching Portfolio Collection (in the Center’s Resource Library)
- (Each portfolio includes a teaching philosophy statement.)
Other pages that might be of interest