How can I prepare and plan for my role as instructor?
Sheridan Center resources
- Preparing to Teach
- First Day(s) of Class
- Planning Classes and Engaging Students
- Gauging Student Learning
- Becoming a Better Teacher
Sheridan Center programs
- New Faculty Orientation to Teaching at Brown (offered just before the start of classes each semester)
- New Teaching Assistant Orientation to Brown (offered every fall just before the start of classes)
- Workshop: “Teaching for the First Time” (offered in conjunction with New Faculty and New TA Orientation each fall, and offered before the start of classes each spring)
- Other “Fundamentals: Teaching + Learning” workshops: “Interactive Classrooms”, “Grading Strategies” & “Classroom Communication” (offered at the beginning of every semester)
- Sheridan Teaching Certificate I Program: The Sheridan Teaching Seminar – Reflective Teaching
Check Upcoming Events to see when these programs are next offered.
Other pages that might be of interest