What We Do
In support of its mission, SAC’s guiding principles are to:
• Act as advisers to the president and senior administrators with the aim of creating a positive working environment for all University employees;
•Provide staff input into Brown University’s decision‐making processes that directly affect staff;
• Select staff members to serve on important institutional committees;
• Provide input on policies and procedures which pertain to or impact staff and the University community;
• Establish committees and ad hoc groups to develop activities that strive to continually improve communication and morale through special educational, recreational, informational, and community service events;
• Create networking opportunities for staff across the University;
• Encourage social responsibility and service to the University and the surrounding community;
• Provide a supportive network to collaborate with the University in communicating and achieving its goals.
For more details, read the SAC bylaws.