On Friday, November 16, 2018, the U.S. Department of Education published new proposed regulations that may modify the obligations to the University’s response to Title IX of the Education Act of 1972 (Title IX). The Department of Education allows individuals an opportunity to take part in the rulemaking process by providing comments to the proposed regulation.
Update: On Wednesday, May 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education published the revised rules on campuses regulatory obligations to comply with Title IX.
- Summary of Major Provisions of the Department of Education’s Title IX Final Rule
- Summary of Major Provisions of the Department of Education’s Title IX Final Rule and Comparison to the Proposed Revisions
Institutional Statement on the Proposed Rules:
Community Information Sessions
- Thursday, December 13, 2018, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Robert Campus Center Petteruti Lounge
- Friday, December 14, 2018, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm, Robert Campus Center Petteruti Lounge
- Monday, December 17, 2018, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Robert Campus Center Petteruti Lounge
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Proposed Legislation in its entirety
Background & Summary of the Education Department’s Proposed Title IX Regulation, a summary of proposed changes
Proposed Title IX Regulation Fact Sheet, a one-page overview of the proposed changes
Responding to Proposed Regulations:
- Comments directly to the Department of Education, the comment period is open until January 30, 2019
- Provide your feedback to the University, the community feedback form is open until January 2, 2019