13 Brown Street, Providence, RI 02912
BWell holistically supports the health and wellbeing of all Brown University students through individual and community level engagement that is evidence informed, rooted in social justice and recognizes the social determinants of health. Our work empowers students through knowledge and skill building to promote lifelong wellness and community care.
All services are free for all Brown graduate and medical students. BWell offers more than 200 workshops and trainings each year, reaching an average of 9000 participants. Programs specifically for graduate and medical students have included sleep hygiene and stress management workshops, interpersonal violence prevention education and a survivor support group. In addition to these community wellness interventions, BWell staff provide more than 500 individual appointments each year.
- Materials Request: brown.edu/go/bwellmaterials for health empowerment tools (printed materials, stress management tools, safer sex supplies and more)
- Workshop Request: brown.edu/go/bwellworkshop facilitated by BWell staff
- Workshop in a Bag Request: brown.edu/go/workshopinabag bring health empowerment strategies and information to your group, on your schedule.
Confidential appointments available by calling 401-863-2794 or request an appointment at brown.edu/bwell.
- SHARE advocates [support and advocacy for those impacted by interpersonal violence]
- Substance use [education and motivational interviewing for positive behavior change]
- Sexual health [education and referrals for medical care]
- Sleep [sleep hygiene assessment and sleep improvement planning]
Confidential response by phone.
- Sexual Assault Response Line: For 24/7 crisis support for interpersonal violence, call 401-863-6000]
- SHAG texting: Text keyword SHAG to 66746 with sexual health questions.
Resources and Information:
- BWell On the Go: pick up free health empowerment tools. Full list of locations at brown.edu/go/bwellonthego]
- Brown.edu/bwell: 100+ page website with Brown specific health and wellness information.
- Wellness texts: subscribe to campus wellness updates text keyword BWELL to 66746
- Online sleep assessment: brown.edu/go/sleep for sleep strategies
- Ship n SHAG: Order FREE safer sex supplies @ brown.edu/go/shipnshag.