ADMINISTRATOR ON CALL (AOC)
The Administrator on Call (AOC) is available to provide support to all Brown undergraduate, graduate, and medical students in need of immediate assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Administrator on Call is an on-campus staff member from the division of Campus Life. In addition to providing students with immediate support and referrals, the AOC can be the main point of contact for faculty, staff, family members, or other members of the Brown community when there is a concern for a student’s health, safety, or wellness. The AOC can assist with problem-solving, resourcing, and gathering information so that the appropriate offices can provide timely and coordinated follow-up with the student at that time or during the next business day.
- Call (401) 863-3322 and Public Safety will have the Administrator on Call contact you.
BWELL HEALTH PROMOTION
BWell has made some changes to programs and services, but remains in operation and available to all students. Please visit their website for up to date information.
The confidential Sexual Assault Counselor is available to all undergraduate students (on campus, off campus, or away from Brown), graduate students, and medical school students.
- It can be reached at (401) 863-6000, the Sexual Assault Response Line. In a life-threatening emergency, contact Brown Public Safety at (401) 863-4111.
CHAPLAINS AND RELIGIOUS LIFE
The Chaplains of the University are holding the Brown community in our prayers and remain fully available to all undergraduate students (on campus, off campus, or away from Brown), graduate students, and medical school students, even as they work remotely. Please check their website for details on virtual programming and meetings.
- Brown community members may send requests for counsel, support, information or prayer by email to the Chaplain of the University: [email protected].
- Individual members of the OCRL team can also be reached directly at the addresses listed on their website.
- In urgent matters or at off-hours, please reach us through Brown’s Department of Public Safety: (401) 863-3322
COUNSELING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES (CAPS)
CAPS continues to work with all students including undergraduate students (on campus, off campus, or away from Brown), graduate students, and medical school students to help continue with services at CAPS or connect to local providers in other locations. CAPS services are available during university weekday business hours. All contact has moved via telehealth sessions using Zoom, phone and email. Visit their website for up to date information.
Urgent needs: CAPS continues to provide services for urgent situations. In those cases, please access one of the urgent help options immediately, including our number at 401-863-3476. If you call, follow the prompts to be connected to someone who can help. This is available 24/7, every day of the year, and you can access it from anywhere.
Please review the Return to Campus FAQs and feel free to call Health Services during routine business hours (available on their home page) at 401-863-3953 for any questions or concerns relating to COVID and your health in general.
STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY SERVICE (SAS)
SAS is here to assist all undergraduate students (on campus, off campus, or away from Brown), graduate students, and medical school students via email, phone calls, and video conferencing during business hours. Please feel free to reach out to the staff if you have any concerns or questions regarding the Student Accessibility Service forms, etc. During this time, please send all forms in electronic format, if possible for accessibility purposes. Please visit their website for more resources.
- If you have questions or need assistance from SAS you can call our main number 401-863-9588 during weekday business hours.
- After hours calls will go to voicemail. Staff will follow up during operating hours.
- For all email inquiries, please email us at: [email protected]
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Student Support Services deans are available to assist all undergraduate students (on campus, off campus, or away from Brown), graduate students, and medical school students with a wide range of issues and concerns. Deans can serve as a sounding board to help students consider their options and can help connect students to the right set of resources at Brown. The Student Support Services team will continue to be available to students via phone, email and video conferencing during weekday business hours.
- Please call 401-863-3145 or email [email protected] for assistance.
- Students who have a connection with a dean can reach out to them directly should they need support or to schedule a time to connect.