Members of the search committee will hold open listening sessions with different constituencies who are invested in the search to hear their hopes for the search. This process and the feedback and input gathered will help us in a number of important ways.
- Craft a final job description that represents the communities hopes for the position and its work;
- Further develop a transparent process especially the on-campus interview stage that empowers community participation;
- Educate the search committee about the hopes of the community for the search as they begin their work;
- Provide meaningful information that can help the chosen candidate better understand the hopes of the community as they transition to Brown.
At least one student and one non-student member of the search committee will be present at each listening session. Notes from the listening sessions will be shared with the entire committee. The schedule of listening sessions are as follows:
- Monday, 2/17 at 11 am: BCSC Professional Staff
- Tuesday, 2/18 at 10 am: Campus life Center Directors
- Wednesday, 2/19 from 6-7 pm (Salomon 203): Members of applicable student organizations (Cultural, Ethnic, Religious groups) Sign up here
- Thursday, 2/20 from 12-1 pm (Faunce 225): Campus Life Staff and Campus Partners Sign up here
- Thursday, 2/20 from 6-7 pm (Friedman 208): Students at large (by UCS and GSC) Sign up here
- Friday, 2/21 from 11:30-12:30 (Horace Mann): Graduate Student Diversity Advisory Board
- Friday, 2/21 from 2-3 pm (BCSC Formal Lounge): BCSC Student Staff Sign up here
- Tuesday, 2/25 from 12-1 pm (BCSC Formal Lounge): MPCs (lunch provided)
- Tuesday, 2/25 from 7:30-8:30 pm: Alumni (contact [email protected] for more information)
We publicized the listening sessions widely. This included the BCSC newsletter, BCSC student staff, leaders of relevant student organizations, administrative and faculty partners, UCS, GSC, and to all students, faculty, and staff through [email protected].