Email to undergraduate, graduate and medical students
February 8, 2017 - 6:19 p.m.
Services available during University closing
Dear Brown University students,
We want to remind you that emergency services are available should you need them, even during University closings. While most University offices and departments will be closed Thursday, February 9, 2017:
- Brown Public Safety and Emergency Medical Services are available; call (401) 863-4111 for emergency response.
- OnCall phone services for mental health (401) 863-3476 and for sexual assault response (401) 863-6000 are operational.
- Health Services is open Thursday but only for urgent care (not "well visits") and only from 9am until 4 pm; call (401) 863-3953. Nursing advice is always available 24/7 by calling (401) 863-1330.
- Dining will serve Meal Plan in Sharpe Refectory and Verney-Woolley dining halls (open 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.); individual meals may be purchased by those not on meal plan. Other venues will likely be closed; check brown.edu/food for more information.
- Building emergencies (e.g., broken door, water flood) should be reported to Facilities Emergency Response at (401) 863-7800.
- Check other departments' websites, or call their office numbers, for info.
As the snow is predicted to continue throughout the day, clean up will take time, both on campus and by the City. Please be careful walking, and be aware of the potential for falling snow from building roofs.
UPDATE YOUR MOBILE PHONE NUMBER for BrownAlert
- We will continue to update the community with additional information as necessary. You may also checkemergency.brown.edu for updates
- If you have not already done so, make certain your emergency contact information (personal cell phone and home or off-campus housing phone numbers) is up to date so that we can contact you as quickly as possible in the event of an emergency. Instructions on how to do so for students, faculty and staff can be found here.
The Office of the Vice President for Campus Life