Email to undergraduate, graduate and medical students
February 8, 2016 - 8:29 a.m.
Services available during University closing
We hope you are staying inside and staying warm. We want to remind you that while most University offices (libraries, academic departments, administrative departments) are closed today, emergency services are available should you need them.
- Brown Public Safety and Emergency Medical Services are available; call (401) 863-4111 for emergency response.
- OnCall phone services for mental health emergencies (401 863-3476) and for sexual assault response (401 863-6000 will be operational.
- Health Services is open Monday but only for urgent care (not "well visits") and only from 9am until 4 pm; call (401) 863-3953. Nursing advice is always available 24/7 by calling (401) 863-1330.
- Dining will serve Meal Plan in Sharpe Refectory (open 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.); individual meals may be purchased by those not on meal plan. Other venues will likely be closed; check brown.edu/food for more information.
- Check other departments' websites, or call their office numbers, for info.
As the snow is predicted to continue throughout the day, clean up will take time, both on campus and by the City. Please be careful walking, and be aware of the potential for falling snow from building roofs.
We will continue to update the community with additional information as necessary. If you have not already done so, make certain your emergency contact information (personal cell phone and home or off-campus housing phone numbers) is up to date so that we can contact you as quickly as possible in the event of an emergency. Instructions on how to do so for students, faculty and staff can be found here.
Mary Grace Almandrez
Interim Assistant Vice President, Campus Life & Student Services/Associate Dean of the College
Interim Assistant Vice President, Campus Life & Student Services