Campus Life Emergency Fund

The Office of the Vice President for Campus Life and Student Services has limited funding available to assist students who are unable to pay for emergency or crisis expenses. The aim of these funds is to assist students with an emergency need for which no other funding is available within the university or externally.  

If you have an urgent need and are not sure where to turn for assistance, please contact us. We will assist you in determining if these funds are appropriate. We encourage you to let us know if you are struggling with a financial need. Once you complete the application, you can expect to be contacted the next business day (Monday – Friday).  If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Laurinda Custodio by email or by phone at (401) 863-1800.

After hours (overnight, weekend or break)

If you are dealing with a crisis that needs immediate response because of a health or safety concern, please contact:

  • Brown's Department of Public Safety at 863-4111 if your well-being is threatened, or
  • The Administrator on Call at 863-3322 to speak with someone about your extremely urgent, after-hours crisis.  
  • These are emergency response numbers.  Please do not use these numbers for a financial need request.