Please note that the Professional Development Grant is currently paused. We won't be accepting any applications due to financial constraints until further notice.
The Professional Development Grants assists Campus Life staff with expenses related to specific, unique opportunities that improve their professional skills and/or help develop knowledge on a particular topic. This may include attending professional conferences, workshops, and participation in panel discussions.
Please note: Preference will be given to efforts that support the diversity and inclusion work of an individual position, area of work, department, or the division.
An applicant may request any amount up to $2,000 and the maximum award in any one grant cycle is $2,000 (July-June). Due to the competitive nature of this grant program, funded applicants may receive less than the requested amount.
EXAMPLES OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Travel, registration and/or online training expenses for career relevant workshops, seminars, bookings, and other conferences, which will clearly help advance and cultivate one’s professional development and career goals.
- An invitation to: present at a major conference; serve on a panel; participate in a workshop.
- Short-Term Fellowship or Leadership Workshops, Certification Trainings, or Institutes.
- Any full-time staff member with benefits is eligible to apply.
- Applicant must get approval from immediate supervisor before apply for a grant.
- Applicants may request up to $2,000 per academic year (July 1 – June 30)
- Applicants should submit an application as far advance as possible. However, we require a minimum of 3 weeks before the start of the program.
- Applicants should seek to utilize/supplement respective department professional development funds first.
- Applications that are incomplete, or do not follow application requirements, may be deemed ineligible.
For questions regarding eligibility and criteria: Loc Truong, Assistant Vice President for Campus Life Engagement, [email protected]