- The attorneys within the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel are attorneys for Brown University. They can not and do not advise faculty, staff, or students on personal legal matters.
- The attorneys represent the interests of the University in administrative and judicial proceedings.
- Outside counsel may be engaged by the General Counsel to provide additional expertise and representation when appropriate.
- The Office provides advice and counsel in a wide range of Legal Practice areas.
- The Vice President and General Counsel also oversees the operation of the Office of International Student and Scholar Services.