The Women's Leadership Council works to inspire and engage the women of Brown as active participants in the life of the University.
The Council accomplishes this by:
- Providing opportunities to connect Brown alumnae with students as mentors, role models, and advisors.
- Organizing events, activities, and initiatives that engage Brown alumnae with one another and with the intellectual excitement of the Brown community.
- Demonstrating and encouraging a commitment to both volunteer and philanthropy leadership at Brown.
- Oversee the Brown Women's Network, which engages the alumnae community by hosting national and regional in-person activities and events, and by providing content that connects alumnae to one another and promotes stronger and longer-lasting relationships with the University.
- Support student-alumna mentoring pairs as part of the Women's Launch Pad program and encourage mentoring opportunities amongst alumnae.
- Organize Brown Women's Leadership Conferences in milestone years, attracting a large community of alumnae back to campus.
- Striving to maintain 100% Annual Fund participation from Council members.