Yes. While the researcher is not receiving monetary compensation, the lab space, materials, and staff are resources made available to them in support of and/or related to their research efforts. Other payments, such as travel or living expenses must also be reported. As outlined in NOT-OD-19-114 this appointment must be reported as Other Support. NIH requires applicants to list all positions and scientific appointments both domestic and foreign held by senior/key personnel that are relevant to an application including affiliations with foreign entities or governments. This includes titled academic, professional, or institutional appointments whether or not remuneration is received, and whether full-time, part-time, or voluntary (including adjunct, visiting, or honorary). 

FAQ category

Other Support